ADDENDUM TO ELK GROVE COMMUNITY GARDEN AND LEARNING CENTER GUIDELINES AND AGREEMENT FOR GROUPS RENTING PLOTS IN THE ďEĒ SECTION† and VARIOUS PLOTS THROUGHOUT THE GARDEN ATTENDED TO BY VARIOUS GARDENING GROUPS INCLUDING GROUPS CARING FOR† CONSUMERS WITH VARIOUS DISABILITIES
This addendum follows the
number system in the
19. Supervisors agree to insure that all group staff personnel and subsequent new staff will be given copies of the gardenís guidelines and agreement, including this addendum.† Prior to staffís first visit to the garden, all staff agrees to read, understand and agree to all conditions of the gardenís guidelines and addendum to the guidelines.
20. All consumers shall be personally escorted to any area of the garden by a staff member and a designated staff member will remain with consumers at all times.
21. No smoking will be allowed by any staff member or consumer inside the garden and/or outside and adjacent to the gardenís property boundaries.
22. Staff shall ensure that consumers dispose of trash, clean recycle, and green waste (plant material) in the proper container.
23. If the gardenís gate is locked upon arrival, a designated staff person shall be responsible for turning the tumblers on the lock after opening the gate and placing the lock on the designated hook on the fence next to the front gate.† The gardenís gate code will be given to select staff only. Staff agrees not to share the gate code with anyone.
24. A designated staff person shall ensure that front gate is closed upon entering the garden, while at the garden, and upon leaving the garden.† A designated staff person shall insure that the gate is properly locked if said group is last to exit the garden.
25. The garden is on a water meter.† All staff persons shall strive to conserve water at the garden.† Designated staff members shall ensure that all consumers are personally supervised while watering their personal garden plots or Food Bank plots at all times while the water is running.. †Staff shall check for signs of previously watered plots to avoid overwatering.†† No other plots shall be watered for any reason.
26. All watering must be done with a watering nozzle attachment to the hose with an automatic shutoff. †No watering shall be done with an open end hose.† Water shall not be left running in the garden plots, pathways or common area.
27. Designated staff shall ensure that all water faucets are turned off gently before leaving the garden and the water pressure has been released from all hose nozzles.† Please report all leaky faucets.
28. Designated staff shall ensure that all produce is picked only from their assigned plots.† Picking produce from any other plots shall be considered theft and subject to termination as stated in Number 4, Process of Member Termination (a) through (h) of these Guidelines and Agreement.
29. If group is last to leave the garden, staff shall ensure that: (a) all tools have been cleaned by holding them over the plots and sprayed with water until clean and put back into the blue shed;† (b) the blue shed is locked and (c) the front gate is properly locked.
Non compliance with this Guidelines Addendum may result in membership termination, as determined by the Gardenís Board of Directors.† Member compliance with the above Guidelines Addendum will help everyone have an enjoyable prosperous garden.